Thursday, August 12, 2010

ARIZONA

I am on day 10 now in Arizona and everything seems to be geling into place. I'm spending time with my boyfriend that lives here for a month. I planned this out for 2 months now to see how everything works out and so far so good. I'm not all anxious and thinking about LA and what I'm missing although I'm watching all the commercials I've auditioned for, got called back but didn't get it but it's okay. I'm due for some major commercials to come this fall. I will be in full swing and ready to work. Since I've been here I've been NOT WORKING, watching tv, eating, doing yoga and working out at the gym. It's been nice to be home and be with my boyfriend. I haven't driven my own car for 10 days so weird or really driving at all, his car a little yes but not much driving for me.

Before I left I went to a workshop at AFI for commercials and it wasn't bad. I was nice to get a refresher and feel creative even though I've been auditioning a lot but I just haven't been in class at all and I really want to be but just can't juggle all the expenses of LA. In the begining of the workshop a girl stood up and said she had to leave because she had a call back. The guy teaching the class asked what the audition was for and she said California Travel and I was like where's my call back. SO I kept looking at my phone for a missed call or text and finally I got the text from my manager that I had a call back too. I was so excited to get the call back I just knew it was mine. The audition was just the day before and the camera opt said I played the line the best out of everyone so I was definitely confident but humble and willing to stay on my A Game.
So I get to the audition and I sign in and I'm feeling good not cocky but good. Talkong to other girls, making small talk about who they train with, but I was geniunely interested and I was waiting for a good hour before they got to me. Throughout the whole thing I stayed cool and understanding but I was seeing other girls go in before me that came after me and it worst part was being grouped with a girl that I didn't talk to at all which isn't bad but not really good cause I was worried we would't have any chemistry of a friendship if needed. So I made small talk and we got to know each other and she was beautiful.
We go in the room and the director asked if we waited a long time... I'm thinking yea and I said yea... why did I say the truth... then I said but I understand their are a lot of characters you need to cast. Then the camera opt guy said he's a director that cares, I looked at him for a minute and looked at his spiffy jacket and cool hair cut and I said "Your hair shows" why did I say that.... I went a little to far maybe I don't know. The casting director looked at the director and the add guy smiled and the camera opt guy laughed then the director said, "That was a compliment with a diss" I was like that wasn't a diss not at all.
I did the audition and the director wanted me to do a few different takes and I did and it was a good audition. Then the other girl did the audition and she took my directions and did it I guess well. I don't know who booked it. I didn't but I have a feeling she got it. She was mixed too but she had sandy color hair and had blue eyes and was long and skinny. So for some reason she was just prettier and it's so annoying. I just wonder who got it and we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment