Thursday, November 11, 2010

A New Leaf

I was so excited and counting down to the days and hours to see my boyfriend Oct. 27th. So many factors could of delayed it. I had a call back for a Non-Union commercial that would air in France only,(so I can do that) but the day of the call-back I needed to be at work in Long Beach for the Womans Conference during the same time. The earliest casting and clients were seeing people were 11:15am and I had to be in Long Beach by 12:30pm. Let's say it never happened. THe audition anyway, I tried, I got there by 11am and gave my self to be seen by 11:30am or I was out. The clients weren't even there yet, keeping up the line of people waiting to be seen and I really had to go. I had to work, I got bills to pay, very sad but that's life. Also even if I did get the commercial it was shooting on Thursday and Friday Night when I was supposed to be in Arizona by then with my boyfriend at the ATC, very big deal for him and I had been looking forward to it since I meet him I guess, that's when he mentioned he wanted me to go with him. So it was Monday and I was flying out Wednesday, I couldn't do it to him.

My friend from High School just so happens to live across the street from me, had his little baby girl in the front seat of his Toyota truck and I was in the middle with my lugguage in the back on my way to see Chris. I almost didn't have a ride but he at the last moment texted me saying he could take me to the airport. Thank you JEsus! Right when I was ordering a shuttle to pick me up. Credit Card had went through and everything. The lady was so sweet she got the dispatcher to cancel it for me.
Now at the airport, I see a old dancer friend, a salsa instructor. I'm sashaing in with my purse and starbucks coffee canister. I forgot that I was going to the airport. Makeup bag in purse ready to apply when I landed. Salsa guy and I catch eyes, very randon but not really it's LA or Burbank. He says he going to Vegas for a friends bacholar party and I say I'm seeing my boyfriend, and that I will be moving in the NEw Year. I'm sure he was thinking okay randon but whatever.

Just landed and I text Chris just that, going to lugguage. He says he's almost there, I'm not tripping cause I gotta go to lugguage and go to the bathroom to get ready. I got my lugguage and text him I'm out side terminal 1 Southwest. He's like where I'm like I'm right here. I want to dig in my bag to get some lotion but I don't want to open it up on the side on the street so I just stand there going through my phone. I see Chris walking up in his uniform all hard on a mission and I'm happy to see him. He hugs me and kisses me really long. It was weird to me cause I know we usually do that when I'm leaving not coming. Then he takes my hand and I say, I need lotion with a hesitant face. He laughs and pulls out a ring and puts it on my finger. I couldn't believe it after all we had been talking about I just felt in shock, numb, so distached. I eventually said YES!!! after he was like, "Okay!?" I said, "Well you didn't ask" Then he asks, "Will You Marry Me" Oh my goodness. YES again for reading pleasure. So the walk back to the car was so awkward, it wasn't all spectacluar, no music playing in background. We went to get gas and I was hungry, but I love him. He's so sweet, so wonderful to me and perfect for me. I can go on and on and on with details but Let's just say I'm engaged now.

No comments:

Post a Comment